[Dovecot] 1.0-test78

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 14 00:46:01 EEST 2005

http://dovecot.org/test/

Fixes:
  - Crashes in non-x86 64bit systems
  - Bugs in cache file header caching (you probably should delete all
dovecot.index.cache files to be sure the bug won't haunt you in future)
  - FETCH ENVELOPE patch by Chris Wakelin (I'll try to figure out what
to do with the list patch later)

Known bugs left:
  - Thunderbird + maildir: moving lots of messages from mailbox to
another may cause deadlock (lock timeouts in half a minute or so and
fails the operation).
  - I guess I should try to look at the Thunderbird + POP3 + lots of
messages -> DELE error too again..
  - I've heard that 1.0-tests are a lot slower than 0.99.x or 1.0-stable
when checking new mail (with kmail), ie. client asking STATUS of all
mailboxes. I've looked at their strace outputs and the difference
(5-10x slower) comes from 1.0-test waiting longer in poll() for client
input, which doesn't really make any sense to me. Can anyone verify
this or think of reasons why this could happen? Maybe I'm setting some
socket option differently, although I don't think I've changed
anything..