[Dovecot] New to dovecot, little luck - signal 10 death for imap

Jeroen Scheerder Jeroen.Scheerder at phil.uu.nl
Thu Jul 14 09:11:23 EEST 2005

Timo Sirainen wrote:

[...]

>>+/* CDW, see -
>>http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2005-January/005926.html */
>>+/*     offset = *((const uint64_t *)data); CDW */
>>+       memcpy(&offset,data,sizeof(uint64_t));
>

> Although this works, this wasn't really how I wanted to fix this. I
> think this should work (indexes need to be recreated afterwards):

This patch doesn't work.  The "memcpy" patch does, however.

After applying this patch to todays 1.0-stable and building that, I once
again get:

dovecot: Jul 14 08:05:25 Error: child 8702 (imap) killed with signal 10

This does happen further down the road, apparently when a client is done
fetching headers in a mailbox.