[Dovecot] Double Emails

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Tue Jul 19 18:55:53 EEST 2005

Hi all,

I originally posted this on postfix's mailing list but then realized
that this COULD be a pop3 server problem since that downloads and
deletes mail.  This has only been happening since I upgraded from .99 to
1.0-7 ...

Our users have been reporting double messages in their inbox, as well as
emails that they deleted a long time ago reappearing.  The only thing in
my maillog is a bunch of:

mbox sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox /home/sdf/mail/Level3
(6293 > 3)

Thats happening for IMAP folder and /var/mail/* mbox folders alike.

I can't seem to figure out the problem, but we have at least 50
customers calling in today alone to complain about double messages.
More are probably experiencing it and just not calling.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Matt