[Dovecot] 1.0-stable and nfs

Cyril Feraudet cyril at feraudet.com
Fri Jul 22 18:43:23 EEST 2005

> On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 12:06 +0200, Cyril Feraudet wrote:
>

>> I've a little pb with 1.0-stable on nfs share without lockd :
>>
>> with :
>>   - lock_method = dotlock
>>   - mmap_disable = yes
>> I've :
>> - dovecot: Jul 22 11:58:33 Error: IMAP(xxxxxxxx): open() failed with
>> index file (null): Bad address
>>

> You probably tried to set INDEX=MEMORY? That's not working with
> 1.0-stable. Would work with 1.0-tests.
>
> With 1.0-stable + NFS maybe the best idea would be to store indexes
> somewhere in local disk, eg. /tmp. 1.0-tests support indexes in NFS
> somewhat better than 1.0-stable but it's still not perfect either.

Finally I have do that (store indexes in local).

At this time, I've 4 servers with Dovecot (ldap, same uid,
Maildir, ...) behind 2 Alteon with
filer (who do not permit to lock anything) to share mailboxs.

I've configured both Alteon to send same clients to same server (if
are up ;-))
cause I don't know how mutch it cost to rebuild indexes

It seem working ...

Somebody here have already to something like that ?

Do yo know the cost of an indexes rebuild ?

Thanks,

Cyril