[Dovecot] 1.0-test79

Nicholas Riley njriley at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 22 22:48:10 EEST 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 08:51:18PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> http://dovecot.org/test/
>
> Now checks that field alignmentations are in indexes as they're
> expected. test78 crashed if it was wrong, earlier versions ignored the
> problem (and crashed with 64bit systems). Now if it's wrong, it prints
> error to log file and recreates the index. That means you probably
> should delete all dovecot.index files to avoid tons of errors in log
> files. Only mbox users need to do this.

Seems OK, I deleted all the index files and it seems to work now
without crashing.

However, I am now seeing hundreds of these messages as Apple Mail is
redownloading all my mail:

dovecot: Jul 22 14:46:00 Error: IMAP(njr): UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox file /usr/home/njriley/mail/2004-05
dovecot: Jul 22 14:46:01 Error: IMAP(njr): UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox file /usr/home/njriley/mail/2004-05
dovecot: Jul 22 14:46:01 Error: IMAP(njr): UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox file /usr/home/njriley/mail/2004-05

There's no new mail coming into these mailboxes and (multiple copies
of) Dovecot are the only things touching them.  Is there something
wrong with my configuration?

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>