[Dovecot] Re: Plugin development

Sebastjan Trepca trepca at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 16:29:59 EEST 2005

Ok, I found out how to use logging. ( Check failures.c, methods i_[level])

Now i have problem with method that opens mailbox. It looks like this:

static struct mailbox *quota_mailbox_open(struct mail_storage *storage,
const char *name, struct istream *input, enum mailbox_open_flags flags)
{
struct mailbox *box;
box = storage->v.mailbox_open(storage, name, input, flags);
if (box == NULL)
return NULL;

box->v.save_finish = quota_save_finish;
box->v.copy = quota_copy;
return box;
}

When I run dovecot and select a mailbox the child that is processing my
connection gets killed. Why? I just override those functions, everything
else is same as original method.

Sebastjan