[Dovecot] feature or bug on delete?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jul 23 16:35:36 EEST 2005

On 23.7.2005, at 15:33, Cor Bosman wrote:

> RFC 3501 mentions this:
..
>       It is permitted to delete a name that has inferior hierarchical
>       names and does not have the \Noselect mailbox name attribute.  In
>       this case, all messages in that mailbox are removed, and the name
>       will acquire the \Noselect mailbox name attribute.
..
> . list "" "*"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "foo/bar"
..
> Reading the above section, shouldnt I be seeing a:
>
> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "foo"

If you do LIST "" %, you'll see "foo" as \NoSelect folder. Maybe the
RFC tries to say that.

Anyway, I don't think there is any point to leave it as \NoSelect
folder. You can already create "foo/bar" directly, and CREATE
explanation doesn't require that "foo" must be shown as \NoSelect with
LIST *. Besides, there is no way to create a \NoSelect folder with
Maildir++.

I'll anyway ask in imap list to make sure :)