[Dovecot] pop3 authentication failure - password mismatch

James Sun jamjazzy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 19:10:30 EEST 2005

On 7/23/05, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 19:46 -0700, James Sun wrote:
> > open(/var/mail/.temp.hsiufen.net.15682.f3c4cf83d750e6e4) failed:
> > Permission denied
> > Jul 23 02:28:10 hsiufen dovecot: POP3(jam): file_lock_dotlock() failed
> > with mbox file /var/mail/jam: Permission denied
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/VarMailDotLock

Great!  It worked after I added the extra_mail_groups.

(BTW, it would be nice if all the pains I have gone through could be
lumped into some kind of FAQ.  Just a wish.)

One thing I can confirm is that 1.0-stable  does *not* add "Status: O"
to header anymore, even with pop3_no_flag_updates turned off.  Perhaps
the header re-write with "Status: O" was a known bug in the previous
versions?  Why nobody else noticed this?

I am still having trouble with ssl in my own-built 1.0 version.  Any
pointer would be appreiciated.  I suspect it is because openssl-devel
was not installed.  Timo, can you confirm that?  It would be nice it
gives out an warning if ssl is configured but no ssl devel libraries
were found.  Silence gives an impression everything was built as
configured.

Cheers.

Jun