[Dovecot] inotify support in dovecot

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Mon Jul 25 12:21:23 EEST 2005

Hi,

> configure:23296: error: inotify requested but not available, check for
> existence of <linux/inotify.h>

Hm. That should mean that the file didn't compile. Can you try to
compile it manually to see what errors you get? (I mean the file that
was included in the build log above that message. save it as a C file
and compile)
The check isn't even a run-time check, if you build dovecot with inotify
and at runtime it isn't available, it'll fall back (I hope).

> It's bit-for-bit identical with the one in the kernel - tested with both and
> diffed :)

Heh, ok.

johannes