[Dovecot] Documentation

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 26 00:56:29 EEST 2005

On 25.7.2005, at 19:10, Enrique Perez-Terron wrote:

> Could I suggest a thing? Could you have an explicit call on new users
> to write a few words about their experiences and frustrations with
> Dovecot, whatever they are, some place where they are likely to see
> it?

That could be useful, but the biggest problem with Dovecot currently is
its version numbering mess. 0.99.x has many problems and I don't really
want to hear about them anymore. It's however still the "stable"
version, so people use it.. Something always seems to be broken in
1.0-tests (although test79 looks good so far), and 1.0-stable is
missing support for keywords..

Once 1.0-tests get to the point that it's stable enough to fully
depricate 0.99.x, then these kind of surveys are much more important.
Before that I think it'd only waste time. That's also the reason why I
haven't yet bothered all that much to write documentation..