[Dovecot] map-login: Login failed: Plaintext

Nmap Nmap at city.fi
Tue Jun 7 18:18:31 EEST 2005

Hi

I'm running Dovecot 1.0 stable and getting error like this:

dovecot: Jun 07 11:51:00 Info: Dovecot v1.0-stable starting up dovecot: Jun 07 11:51:01 Info: auth(default): mysql: Connected to postfix Dovecot: Jun 07 11:47:34 Info: imap-login: Login failed: Plaintext
authentication disabled [85.76.231.143]

dovecot.conf Authentication processes section looks like:

auth default {
  mechanisms = plain digest-md5 cram-md5
  passdb =  sql /usr/local/etc/dovecot-mysql.conf
  userdb = sql /usr/local/etc/dovecot-mysql.conf

and the dovecot-mysql.conf

driver = mysql
connect = host=127.0.0.1 dbname=postfix user=koira password=secret
default_pass_scheme = PLAIN-MD5

<and then the querys>

I also tried default_pass_scheme = PLAIN and same error occurred..

I'm confused because earlier versions of dovecot has worked so well and smoothly.

I've read some dovecot wiki pages and also
dovecot-1.0-stable/doc/dovecot-sql.conf files
etc. and noticed that the authenticatin has changed... but still getting that error :/

Anybody have any clue?