[Dovecot] Mailbox usage

Andrew Velikoredchanin andrew at rodtext.ru
Wed Jun 8 21:12:25 EEST 2005

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 16:26 +0400, Andrew Velikoredchanin wrote:
>
>>dovecot: Jun 06 07:21:49 Fatal: chdir(/var/mail-domain/andy at domain)
>>failed with uid 506: Not a directory
>>
>>I think, dovecot use "/var/mail-domain/andy at domain" as maildir - not as
>>mailbox.
>>
>>What need set in dovecot config for work with mailbox?
>

> Dovecot needs a directory where it can store indexes and other mailboxes
> with IMAP. See bottom of http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailLocation

OK! I undestend it. But now I have other problem.

My mailboxes placed on NFS dir (not root). After some time of work
dovecot, this directory stay as unavalible. For example, /mnt/auto/home
is NFS directory, /mnt/auto/home/nouser/spool/mail - mailbox directory.
After some time I get not avalible /mnt/auto/home/nouser/spool/mail
directory, but other top NFS directories (/mnt/auto/home/nouser/spool,
/mnt/auto/home/nouser, ...) is good.

I think, this problem in lock mailboxes. I try fcntl and dotfile lock
methods, but this problem present both. :(

dovecot-0.99.11-2.EL4.1 from RHEL4.

--
Best regards, Andrew Velikoredchanin