[Dovecot] chroot directory question

Lisa C Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Mon Jun 13 00:07:41 EEST 2005

I am setting up dovecot for imap on a new Fedora 3 box. Through SquirrelMail I can access my email - no problem. However my other users are getting this error message:

  ERROR : Connection dropped by imap-server.
  Query: CAPABILITY

Looking in the maillog file for further error details gives me this:

  dovecot: chroot directory no included in valid_chroot_dirs: /home/user

Looking through the dovecot.conf file I see where it says not to add in
home directories under valid_chroot_dirs if the users have access to
those directories. So I'm stuck now as to what I need to add to the conf
file and I'm a little confused as to why it works for my email account
and not the other users. Everything with these user accounts is setup
the same (same maildir format, etc.).

Thanks for any help  :)
Lisa B.