[Dovecot] Quota

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Tue Jun 14 16:57:32 EEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 12:24:36PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 16:00 +0200, David Kmoch wrote:
> > Are those features of specifying INDEX and CONTROL going to be permanent
> > in dovecot or is it some temporary *hack* ???
>
> Specifying them in default_mail_env will be removed and they're going to
> be made separate settings, but they will stay. They are pretty much the
> only possible 100% working solution to fix filesystem-level quota
> problems.

Or 99% :-) Note that there are some systems where moving messages from
'new' to 'cur' can trigger a quota issue because of failure to increase
the directory size.  I suppose this doesn't necessarily cause a failure
though, if you simply leave the messages in 'new' in this case, if
messages can still be accessed/deleted out of the 'new' directory.

mm