[Dovecot] Dovecot + MySQL no auth

Dylan Baxter dylan_baxter at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 25 00:04:21 EEST 2005

I haven't been able to login to my mail server using MySQL authentication
and I believe I've found the issue.
My POP log says:
dovecot: Jun 07 09:58:56 Error: auth(default):
sql(dylan at domain.com,127.0.0.1): Password query must return a field named
"password"
dovecot: Jun 07 09:58:56 Info: pop3-login: Disconnected [127.0.0.1]

The password field in MySQL is called "passwd". Am I to understand that
there is no way around this? I must rename the field to "password"?

My config files all check out. I'm pretty sure I'm at a road block here. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. Also, aren't there anough Dovecot users
to warrant a forum and/or IRC channel? I cant seem to find either (but thank
you for the mailing list!).

Thanks all for any help!
Dylan