[Dovecot] Blank messages and problems starting Dovecot

Lars Karset Grimsrud grimsrud at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Jun 27 23:32:04 EEST 2005

When I use Evolution for viewing my e-mail and display full headers, no
content is shown. The number of messages indicated in Evolution is
however correct. Logging into webmail (Squirrelmail) doesn't work
either, saying "Error connecting to IMAP server: localhost.
13 : Permission denied".

I have verified that ~/Maildir/new actually contains valid e-mails.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to debug this problem? A connection
is established if I telnet. I use Fedora Core 4.

Another problem I have, is changing log_path and info_log_path to
something useful. If I change either to i.e. /tmp/dovecot.log, dovecot
refuses to start (service dovcot restart) with noe error message.

If it helps, my /etc/dovecot.conf is here:
http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~grimsrud/info/dovecot.conf.txt

--
Lars Karset Grimsrud <grimsrud at stud.ntnu.no>