[Dovecot] mbox or maildir?

Rick Jones rick at activeservice.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 11:27:43 EET 2005

Brian

--On 03 March 2005 21:24 +0000 Brian Read <brianr at bjsystems.co.uk> wrote:
¦ I am using dovecot in an SMEServer (aka e-smith), and recently backed-up
on
¦ one system and restored on another system the imap email directories.
The
¦ trouble was that dovecot "guessed" the mail type wrongly, and I ended up
¦ with "empty" ~/Mail directories (did it create or populate these?), and
¦ full, but ignored ~/Maildir directories for every user.

Did you migrate from one release of SME to another? ISTR that the layout of
Maildir directories changed from 5.6 to 6.0. Dovecot's config is different
on the different SME releases.

Or did you migrate between SME and another Linux? Dovecot on SME is patched
to use ';' as the separator rather than the usual '.'.

--
Rick Jones
Active Service