[Dovecot] Strange behaviour with moving mail

Remy Zandwijk remy.zandwijk at falw.vu.nl
Fri Mar 4 15:45:02 EET 2005

Hi All,

Sorry to bother you again. I am not too familiar with IMAP yet, so maybe I am
asking stupid questions. Here goes anyway:

In our (Dovecot 1.0-stable) setup, we have two namespaces: the default
namespace, which location is '/var/mailstore/1%u/%u' and the "Mailstorage"
namespace, which location is '~/.Mailstorage/'.

Now we create a folder called 'Test' in the default namespace and the
"Mailstorage" namespace. As far as I know this is possible and not a
strange thing to do.

When moving an email from the first 'Test' folder to the other 'Test' folder,
it appears that everything works like expected, but when refreshing the
mailbox, the message is still in the original folder. This happens with a
number of different mailclients (which are configured with an empty namespace
setting).

I guess Dovecot doesn't look at the namespace in which the mail folder is.

Is this a Dovecot bug or is this normal behaviour?

Best regards,
Remy

B.T.W:
		When moving the mail, this is the IMAP conversation:
		00029 UID COPY 4 TEST
		* 2 EXISTS
		* 2 RECENT
		00029 OK Copy completed.
		00030 UID STORE 4 +Flags.silent (\Deleted)
		00030 OK Store completed.