[Dovecot] pop before smtp

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Sat Mar 5 17:43:20 EET 2005

On Fr, 2005-03-04 at 05:51 -0600, F. Even wrote:
> I'm using the latest version of dovecot on my FreeBSD 4.x box with
> OpenPKG to keep other services up to date.  Now...I'm able to get pbsmtp
> to allow relaying through postfix on this server using UW IMAP, but I
> would like to get dovecot working with relaying...but pbsmtp is not
> adding the ip when I uncomment the dovecot section after I authenticate.

I don't know how postfix checks the pbsmtp thing, but IIRC dovecot has
the ability to write into a database when people log in, so I think
pop-before-smtp could be done without log parsing. You might want to
review the mailing list archives (at gmane.org) and possibly you can get
rid of pbsmtp.

johannes