[Dovecot] Strange behaviour with moving mail

Remy Zandwijk remy.zandwijk at falw.vu.nl
Sun Mar 6 15:46:07 EET 2005

>That's how moving is done with IMAP. Copy + mark as deleted. Dovecot is
>buggy only if the message isn't left marked as deleted. Expunge would
>then delete the message entirely.

Timo, I think you don't understand the problem. Let me explain it once
more in other words.

I have two namespaces, the default one and another one. In both
namespaces, I have made a folder called 'Test'. Let's refer to this folders
as:

         'Folder A':     'Test' in the default namespace.
         'Folder B':     'Test' in the not-default namespace.

I have a message in 'Folder B' and I transfer this message to 'Folder A'. The
message is marked as deleted in 'Folder B', but 'Folder A' does *not* contain
the moved message, even though I refreshed the folder list.

When expunging the message in 'Folder B' it disapears, but after a folder
refresh,
the message apears again and it's not marked deleted. The message is still not
in 'Folder A'.

I think this is incorrect behaviour and therfore a bug.

Regards,
Remy