[Dovecot] corrupted inboxes

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Mar 12 21:45:46 EET 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 11:02 -0800, Josh Burley wrote:
> When I was having trouble with some users getting other users' mailboxes
> I tried upgrading to dovecot-stable-20050302 (dovecot-1.0-test59). After
> getting it installed and configured, though, half of the users could
> read their inbox fine, and the other half would only see a single email
> in the inbox (the oldest one, it seemed... separators not being
> recognized between emails for some users? weird...).

There may be some temporary problems when upgrading, but they should all
sort themselves out after one relogin..

Did Dovecot's log files say anything then? It shouldn't be possible that
it only shows the oldest email. If it doesn't detect the separators it
then shows the whole mbox as a single mail (caching IMAP clients could
show the old first message's cached message body though). If that
happens, do 'grep "^From " mbox' and email me the results and I'll fix
the problem.