[Dovecot] Is it possible to regenerate the index files?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Mar 14 11:28:04 EET 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 10:18 +0100, Joakim Verona wrote:
> > export MAIL=mbox:/home/user/mail # ie. the default_mail_env expanded
> > echo "1 status inbox (messages)" | /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
>
> Ok, that seems fairly easy... One tiny question though:
> what does the "1" mean? I tried to parse the RFC but couldnt figure it
> out. I guess its just some sequence id.

It's a "tag". Something like sequence id, but it doesn't have to be
numeric. Server just replies to that command with the same tag.

> > For 1.0-test releases there should pretty soon come Dovecot LDA which
> > saves the mail and updates the indexes immediately. I have a working
> > test version of it already..
>
> Nice! But will it work together with procmail?

I'm pretty sure it does, although I'm not very good with procmail (and I
don't want to be). After the Dovecot LDA gets Sieve support, there's not
that much reason to use procmail.