[Dovecot] aha! (was apple mail vs. v0.99)

sean finney seanius at seanius.net
Tue Mar 15 14:36:16 EET 2005

hello!

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 11:08:39PM +0200, dovecot-request at dovecot.org wrote:
> From: "Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski" <D.Mierzejewski at icm.edu.pl>
>
> According to RFC3501 (is this the right one?), NOOP can be used to check
> for new mail, but it doesn't say that the server should return status
> data every time NOOP is issued.

i think the problem is that when the server asynchronously reports to
the client that there's new mail apple mail gets confused.  then noop
doesn't report new mail.  also, it seems that this is also the cause
of apple mail having to re-download the entire mailbox every time
it checks for new mail.

> From: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
>
> How did you disable them? I think enabling oe6-fetch-no-newmail
> workaround should help.

i set:

mailbox_check_interval = 0
mailbox_idle_check_interval = 0

which did the trick (i already had all the client workarounds enabled).

thanks,
	sean