[Dovecot] Visibility of .subscriptions and .customflags

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Mar 15 23:33:50 EET 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 09:51 -0600, justin wrote:
> Hi, I upgraded to test65 from 0.99 (mostly to get the namespace feature) and
> now it seems my .subscriptions and .customflags are showing up as mail
> folders in my IMAP client (Eudora).
>
> If I try and open those folders, of course I get an error.
>
> How can I configure dovecot so that these aren't displayed to my IMAP
> client?  I looked through about 6 months of acrhives and couldn't find it
> mentioned anywhere.

Those files aren't used by 1.0-tests anymore. ".subscriptions" was
renamed to "subscriptions" and .customflags file isn't currently working
at all.

I thought I had some code to hide those files though. Maybe I've removed
that code at some point.

So, easiest way to fix it would be just to delete those files (or
rename .subscriptions to subscriptions if it's not too late). If for any
reason you wish to keep those files, setting maildir_stat_dirs = yes
hides them too.