[Dovecot] strange email client problems

Gabriel Granger gabe at pancentric.com
Mon Mar 21 17:03:33 EET 2005

I will set that option tonight and see how what happens when my users
login tomorrow morning.  With regards to the load of the server its
about 0.03 at present and when a user complained about "Loading
messages" about 30mins ago, I checked the server and it was abut the
same.  I'm really not sure how to see the load of the HD's from the
console or even what I could compare it against.

Mem:   1035180k total,  1014672k used,    20508k free,    33556k buffers
Swap:  1052216k total,        0k used,  1052216k free,   920644k cached

  I  notice the server is using a lot of real memory but with loads of
swap available for use if thats of any use.  When I used to use UW-IMAP
i used to get a lot more CPU load which has since disappear now that
I'm using Dovecot.  I take it that setting

> mbox_very_dirty_syncs = yes

will cause delays with users that have large mailboxes?

Regards

Gabe Granger