Fw: [Dovecot] Auto Create Folders

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 24 23:55:36 EET 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 13:31 -0500, Chris L. Franklin wrote:
>  PS. In the end all's it comes down to is i was wounder if there was a way
>  have dovecot auto create a folder or a list of folders at login.

I can't really think of how I would implement this in any generic way. I
can only think of ugly kludgy solutions.

There is a pretty simple way to do it though: create a script/binary
which checks HOME/MAIL environment itself and creates the folders, then
executes Dovecot's imap binary. Then set mail_executable in config file
to your wrapper.

> OR really
>  if there was a way to tell dovecot a list of folders a user COULD NOT
> delete
>  (But could delete the folders in side).

That could be done with ACLs, once Dovecot supports them.