[Dovecot] [ #14832]: Capital letters in POP3 logins

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Wed Mar 30 22:02:26 EEST 2005

Peter Hessler wrote:
> The RFCs state that the username portion must be case sensitive, however I would
> like a flag so I can toggle your sugguestion.

Well, no, not exactly.  The RFC's state that the user portion must be
maintained as is by all intervening MTA (by quoting rules if required).
  It also states that the destination server is free to define its own
rules for maintaining or ignoring capitalization for delivery purposes.

It would be best if Dovecot could be configured to match the local
server rules.

John

--
John Peacock