[Dovecot] [ #14832]: Capital letters in POP3 logins

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Thu Mar 31 04:15:52 EEST 2005

Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

> default_mail_env = maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%u

Well, if you don't use the homedir from your SELECT anywhere, it's not
good for anything. Dovecot will go on using the domain and userid as
given by the user.

> There is not really a "home directory". This is all virtual. /etc/passwd

Does not matter. It's mainly used for being referred with %h.

> I noticed that none of the default examples have a trailing '/' after the
> username. Seems like they should for Maildir.

Does not matter, AFAIK. And works here without.

> Changed it to the following to match the "no trailing slash" I was finding
> in the default install examples. My 'maildir' field has the trailing slash.
>
> SELECT  5000 AS uid, 5000 AS gid, CONCAT('/home/vmail/', domain, '/', username) AS mail FROM mailbox where username = '%u'

ok, it seems that "mail" overrides default_mail_env. But then it should
look like "maildir:/some/path", I think (but I'm not really sure about
that).