[Dovecot] Outlook Duplicates issue is still killing me

Jeff Ramsey ramsejc at tubafor.com
Fri May 6 23:53:55 EEST 2005

Hi,
    I have one pop3 client who has three computers, and he has Outlook XP on
two, and 2003 on the third. They are all set to leave a copy of messages on
the server, and that causes a duplicate message for every message he gets. I
then can tell him to uncheck the "leave a copy on the server" box, and pop
his mail, and the duplicates will go away for two or three days, only to
start up again. I have a stock Fedora Core 2 server with dovecot and
Sendmail. I do a nightly yum, so as to stay up2date. My version of dovecot
is 1.0-test42. Has anyone else seen this issue? What can I do to fix it,
short of permanently unchecking that box in Outlook? (The user is my boss,
and he likes to get his email on all three computers...)

--
Jeff Ramsey
MIS Administrator