[Dovecot] pop3 messages not deleted

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 8 14:01:13 EEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 17:49 +0200, Marten Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently experiencing, that 0 messages are shown at the pop3-prompt:
>
> list
> +OK 0 messages:
> .
>
> But the cur-folder containes 74 files. How can this happen? Why aren't
> they removed physically?

That means Dovecot thinks it has already indexed everything in cur/
directory. "touch cur" helps in these cases always. It shouldn't ever
happen though.. Was something else also accessing the maildir?

Or what filesystem are you using? Maybe there are still some problems
with readdir() missing some files..