[Dovecot] trouble getting digest-md5 & ldap working

Udo Rader udo.rader at bestsolution.at
Mon May 9 11:51:35 EEST 2005

Hi,

I've digged a bit deeper and found out, that if I use an attribute different
from userPassword, digest-md5 and ldap works:

the following setting in dovecot-ldap.conf
--------CUT--------
pass_attrs = uid,gecos
--------CUT--------

... allows me to use the gecos string as password.

At first glance this looks like an ACL problem, but it isn't because plain
authentication works (and I've crosschecked with ldapsearch).

Searching the ML archives I saw that there are a some ldap-issues in the
1.0-test series, but as I am using the latest stable 0.99.14 release (on
debian sid) , this should (?) not be related.

Udo Rader

BestSolution.at GmbH
http://www.bestsolution.at

On Sun, 8 May 2005 22:38:20 +0200, Udo Rader wrote