[Dovecot] Standard dirs

Claudio Succa claudio.succa.ml at pertel.it
Tue May 10 16:15:32 EEST 2005

Hi,

thank to developers for such a flexible imap server. Is solves succesfully my
needs to have a single passwd file for clients accessing both imap/imaps and
pop3/pop3s protocols (on a diskless mail/web server with NFS maildirs and NFS

My question:

With 1.0-test68 I have to set login_dir=/var/run/dovecot-login (just a dir not
under /var/run/dovecot) instead of /var/run/dovecot/login.

I guess that imap-login (running with uid=dovecot) can't
access /var/run/dovecot/login if it is under /var/run/dovecot because it is
set with permission 0700 and uid=root by dovecot.

How can I run dovecot with its standard login_dir config?

Claudio

--
Claudio Succa
PERTEL - Torino - Italy