[Dovecot] Assertion failed in dovecot 0.99.14

Anders Nielsen anielsen at diku.dk
Wed May 11 17:16:03 EEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 17:34 +0100, Quadriplegic Leprechaun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the dovecot imap server on Linux 2.6.8.1.
>
> I get the following error when running it:
> imap(quad): Panic: file index-sync.c: line 25 (index_storage_sync_size):
> assertion failed: (messages > ibox->synced_messages_count)
>
> This usually occurs when I use imapfilter to move messages from one
> folder to another, while my client (thunderbird) is connected.

We are seeing the same problem with the (updated) dovecot package from
FC1 called dovecot-0.99.10.5-0.FC1. The client is microsoft outlook.

I wont upgrade to 1.0-stable now because I am going on a vacation for 3
weeks on Friday (I never change important things before I leave).

Is there a workaround?

TIA
  Anders