[Dovecot] dovecot 1.0-test69 io hangs

Andrew Hucthings info at a-wing.co.uk
Fri May 13 10:41:32 EEST 2005

Hi Jens,

You have to create a dovecot.rawlog directory in the user's home
directory (or what dovecot thinks is that directory).  That way you
limit the logging to problematic users.

Regards
Andrew

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 09:07 +0200, Jens Laas wrote:
> I've been testing test69 with pop3 (under Linux and with mbox).
> I began testing with a large inbox (11000 mails) and it seems the
> communication between dovecot and the mailclient (evolution) stalls after
> 1000-2000 messages transferred.
>
> I've looked in to the (non-trivial) io functionality of dovecot.
> What I see is that io_loop_handler_run() in ioloop-poll.c does not
> signal any more data (and eventually the whole thing timeouts).
>
> Evolution downloads the mailbox fine via qpopper.
>
> I tried turning on rawlog:
>    mail_executable = /usr/libexec/dovecot/rawlog /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3
>
> I cannot find any logfile.. I must be missing something.
>
> Any help or ideas ?
>
> Cheers,
> Jens

>      'This mail automatically becomes portable when carried.'
>      Jens Låås                              Email: jens.laas at data.slu.se
>      Department of Computer Services, SLU   Phone: +46 18 67 35 15
>      Vindbrovägen 1
>      P.O. Box 7079
>      S-750 07 Uppsala
>      SWEDEN

Andrew Hutchings (A-Wing)
Linux Guru - Netserve Consultants Ltd. - www.domaincity.co.uk
Admin - North Wales Linux User Group - www.nwlug.org.uk
BOFH excuse 58: high pressure system failure