[Dovecot] 1.0-stable loses flag changes sometimes?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat May 14 20:21:37 EEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 15:21 +0100, Chris Wakelin wrote:
> It seems similar to the 1.0-stable issue, only the spurious FETCH
> on demand).

I think the basic idea is this:

- Update the flags for the last message
  --> because of lazy-writing Dovecot just marks the message dirty
- New message arrives on the mailbox
  --> Dovecot re-reads the last message, forgets the dirty state
- close the mailbox
  --> Because the dirty state is forgotten, the flag is never written to
mbox

Fixed in CVS now for both 1.0-test and 1.0-stable.