[Dovecot] fcntl lock timout on maildir format Trash .index file under OpenBSD sparc64

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 15 02:26:05 EEST 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 17:24 -0400, Dale J. Robertson wrote:
> Whenever I attempt to retrieve or delete mail (Using thunderbird win
> client) operation takes several minutes. right before completion posts
> the following error to maillog:
>
> May 14 10:22:04 NAPUtil imap(djrobert): Timeout while waiting for
> release of shared fcntl() lock for index
> file /home/djrobert/Maildir/.Trash/.imap.index

Probably happens because Thunderbird creates multiple connections to the
mailbox. That itself shouldn't break it though, but maybe there are some
openbsd-specific problems.

You could probably configure Thunderbird to use only one connection and
it should fix it. Alternatively you could upgrade to latest 1.0-stable
or 1.0-test release where this should never happen.