[Dovecot] Error in config

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Mon May 16 19:21:36 EEST 2005

* Brent Clark <bclark at eccotours.dyndns.org> [20050516 18:57]: wrote:
> Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> >

> >These don't look like they can make over 204 lines!! So look again!
> >

> Hi
>
> I just copied and pasted the conf file, at +/- 204
>
> Weird thing is, debian testing conf file says (## Dovecot 1.0
> configuration file)
>

> But
> mail:/etc/skel/Maildir# dovecot --version
> 0.99.14

If you don't understand Debian, use another OS! I don't use Debian, or
any other Linux, but I play with dovecot.

Okay, your line 204 (after I have taken care of the line wraps (thanks
to the MuA) seems to contain:

default_mail_env = maildir:%h/Maildir

The line just above it contains:

#default_mail_env = maildir:~/Maildir

So does the README say that to use %h to get shared mail folders? Where
is this README, btw??

        Best regards,
        Odhiambo Washington
	Systems Admin,
        Wananchi Online Ltd.

Are you hosting your domain name with the leaders??:
See http://webhosting.info/webhosts/tophosts/Country/KE

DISCLAIMER : http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/Email/disclaimer.txt
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Odhiambo WASHINGTON			. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)
 http://www.wananchi.com/email/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,
 Mobile: (+254) 722 743 223		. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
"It is a tremendous feeling to have a customer ask for you by name or tell
you that a customer referred him/her to you because of the level of customer
service you provided inspired that much confidence."

IBM tells us mainframe types _NEVER_ _EVER_ to apply software maintenance to a
running system, as "the results may be unpredictable". The IBM software types
talk about this sounds like people who do it should expect werewolves, vampires,
and nameless Lovecraftian things shambling drippily out of darkness into the
dimly-lit dinosaur pen to eat the techies' souls or to carry off all concerned
to Places O Which It Is Not Good To Think.

IBM lies dreaming in its fastness at Poughkeepsie.
Mike Andrews