[Dovecot] utime() failed: Value too large for defined data type

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Fri May 20 00:06:25 EEST 2005

i have recently rebuilt dovecot on my mail server as i wanted to add
SSL support for it.  well, my OpenSSL libs are 64-bit, so what they
hey, i'll build dovecot 64-bit as well.  worked just fine, no issues
at all.  the setup is:

Solaris 9/SPARC
Sun C compiler
Dovecot 0.99.14

after rebuilding it 64-bit, i now have a small problem however.  I
cannot save messages to IMAP folders from Mail.app on OSX 10.3.9.
OE6 and mutt work fine, no problems there, but when I try to save
a message from Mail.app, it tells me it couldn't save the message
and i get the folloing in my log file on the mail server:

May 19 16:24:37 wiggum.4amlunch.net imap(paula): [ID 702911 mail.error] utime() failed for /usr/home/paula/Maildir/.Sent Items/tmp/1116534277.P10885Q0M105223.wiggum.4amlunch.net: Value too large for defined data type

does anyone have any clue as to what could be the cause of this?  i would
say simple 64-bit uncleanliness issue, but why doesn't it also affect OE6
or mutt?  there is some way that Mail.app accesses IMAP that is specifically
tickling this problem.

thank you very much for your time, and if there is any other information
you might need to track this down, please ask and i'll get it right away.

-brian
--
"I fear death only slightly more than I hate my life."   --8-bit Theater