[Dovecot] (no subject)

Reuben Farrelly reuben-dovecot at reub.net
Fri May 20 13:38:53 EEST 2005

Hi,

On 20/05/2005 10:32 p.m., Udo Rader wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 12:31 +0200, Brent Clark wrote:
>
>>Hi all
>>
>>I have  just finished installing / configuring my dovecot IMAP server.
>>
>>Im seeing something weird happing.
>>
>>It seems my Winblows Outlook users are experiencing a problem whereby
>>when they delete an email, Outlook
>>puts a line though the email, but the mail does not delete.
>

> ... said the troll ...

I don't think so.

I've had the same problem myself in the past.  I'm using Thunderbird now
anyway, so haven't had to deal with it for a while, but I understand it is a
client bug/feature/implementation-detail, and nothing to do with the server
itself.

Some mail clients can be told to not display mails marked as 'Deleted', but
Outlook isn't one of them AFAIK.  Eudora is another which can either display
or hide the message..

A workaround for some clients is to get them to move a deleted mail to the
trash, rather than just marking it as deleted.  But it's slower if used over a
  low speed link :(

reuben