Problems moving messages (Was: Re: [Dovecot] 1.0-test70)

Tero Ripattila tero at ripattila.com
Sun May 22 15:40:14 EEST 2005

Hello Timo,

Saturday, May 14, 2005, 8:49:02 PM, you [TS] wrote:

TS> mmap_disable=yes seems to be finally working pretty well. There should
TS> be no more cache file related errors with it enabled.

In addition to these two problems I've told about on the list, there's
yet another issue that bugs me. I've got a couple of IMAP folders that
holds something like 20k messages each of them. When I try to move
messages from one to another, both of my e-mail stable e-mail clients,
Mulberry and The Bat!, gets stucked and I have to use task manager to
kill 'em. When this happens, there's nothing in dovecot.log.

And when I check the source and destination folders of this movement
operation, there's zero messages copied to destination folder and
zero expunged from the source folder.

What kind of log would be useful to track this problem down? I can try
to get some trace with Mulberry now. backtrace would be nice, but the
imap process never dies.

Thanks, Tero

--
Tero Ripattila