[Dovecot] Auth Issue

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Wed May 25 08:38:46 EEST 2005

Adam Barrett wrote:
> I am so confused.
> I have set it up so that it is to accept login via PLAIN TEXT.
> I am using Thunderbird to connect, and it will ask for my password
> (the username is already in the system)
> I get a pop-up for
> Enter the password for Username on Domain.com
> I enter my password (the same I would use to login to FTP) and it fails.
> Any thoughts?

Which version of Dovecot?

I believe there was a safety put in to stop plain text auth on
unencrypted (non-SSL) connections.  But do you mean plain text passwords
in the database, or plain text auth?

I'm currently runnig 0.99.14 for a small company, (almost) all the
clients are Thunderbird, and it's having no problems.

--
Curtis Maloney