[Dovecot] IMAP Memory Error

Tero Ripattila tero at ripattila.com
Wed May 25 10:17:28 EEST 2005

Hello John,

* John McAree <john at mcaree.org> [2005-05-24 23:33:00 +0100]:

> /var/log/maillog reports:
> May 24 23:19:03 orca dovecot: IMAP(jmcaree): pool_system_malloc(): Out
> of memory

I'd suggest to check the value of mmap_no_write option in dovecot.conf as it disables the use of memory mapping, which is required in OpenBSD environments.

# Don't write() to mmaped files. This is required for some operating systems
# which use separate caches for them, such as OpenBSD.
mmap_no_write = no

I'm not sure whether this helps, but this is the first thing that came to my mind that would be related to this.

Thanks, Tero

--
Tero Ripattila