[Dovecot] IMAP Memory Error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed May 25 17:39:43 EEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 17:23 +0300, Tero Ripattila wrote:
> No, that's what I should have according to common sense, IMO, but I just
> noticed that I actually have it like this:
>
> #mmap_disable = no
>   and
> mmap_no_write = no
>
> where as I should have set the last option to yes.
>
> What's the correct way to set these two options?-) *grin*

I see, that makes even more sense now why it's broken with you. :)

mmap_no_write=yes is needed for OpenBSD, which is pretty much the only
UNIX kernel left where mmap() and write() conflict with each others and
makes things a mess. This is the default when compiled for OpenBSD, so
you just shouldn't have uncommented the line and everything should have
worked.

mmap_disable=yes is for completely disabling mmap()ing, and also
introduces some other changes to allow shared filesystems to work (NFS,
clustered filesystems, etc.)