[Dovecot] Re: Dovecot auth process dies if run in background

Nicolas STRANSKY Nicolas.Stransky at neo-lan.net
Sun May 29 19:42:30 EEST 2005

Le 05/28/2005 03:23 PM, Nicolas STRANSKY a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems setting up a dovecot1.0 stable on a Debian-amd64
> server. The auth process dies with the following message:
(snip)

Could anyone help me with this issue ? I've tried several things but
none worked. Dovecot0.99 works fine one the same machine with the same
configuration (in dovecot0.99 format).

When I launch /usr/sbin/dovecot on the command line, I have the
following logs, and the auth process dies immediatly:

May 28 16:01:07 rouge dovecot: Dovecot v1.0-stable starting up
May 28 16:01:08 rouge dovecot: Login process died too early - shutting down
May 28 16:01:08 rouge dovecot: auth(default): accept() failed: Socket
operation on non-socket
May 28 16:01:08 rouge dovecot: child 21099 (auth) returned error 89

But strangely, when I launch /usr/sbin/dovecot -F on the command line,
to make dovecot run in the foreground, then everything works perfectly
and I'm able to login !

For now I've got no idea of what could explain this behaviour.

Thank's for any hint,

--
Nico
Amour, amour, quand tu nous tiens,