[Dovecot] Re: Dovecot auth process dies if run in background

Tomi Hakala tomi.hakala at clinet.fi
Sun May 29 21:23:46 EEST 2005

On 29.5.2005, at 20:29, Nicolas STRANSKY wrote:
> The mount options for the /var partition are just default ones:
> /dev/sda6 on /var type ext3 (rw)

OK.. What configure options did you use while compiling Dovecot?

Any difference if you set "login_dir = /var/run/dovecot/login" in
dovecot.conf?

> But /home and /var/mail are mounted over NFSv4:
> vert.adm.crans.org:/home on /home type nfs4 (rw,addr=138.231.144.2)
> vert.adm.crans.org:/var/spool/mail on /var/mail type nfs4
> (rw,addr=138.231.144.2)

It seems that you have Dovecot indexes stored on NFS disk, thus you
should have "mmap_disable = yes" in dovecot.conf. This won't help
with your current problem though.

I would recommend that you try Dovecot 1.0-test72, it includes lots of
fixes over 1.0-stable and I'd say that it has gone through a quite
extensive testing on Linux platform during last couple weeks.

--
Tomi Hakala