[Dovecot] can't get md5 stored passwords to work

Benjamin Engle bengle at klearblue.net
Tue May 31 17:02:53 EEST 2005

In my mysql database everyone has plain passwords. I set the password
don my account to {PLAIN-MD5}md5sum but when I go to login it wont let
me. But I can log in with "{PLAIN-MD5}md5sum" it's like it ignores the
whole {scheme} thing. So I changed my dovecot-mysql.conf to:

default_pass_scheme = PLAIN-MD5

In the password field for my username I just used the md5sum. I stopped
dovecot and killed all remaining processes and then started it. But it
doesn't try to do md5 it is still doing plain text.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I looked and there are no compile time
options that I need for this to work...

Dovecot Version 0.99.13