[Dovecot] Moving from mbox to maildir?

Patrick dovecot at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 9 15:38:30 EET 2005

Hi all,

New to the list. I have an updated FC4 box with Dovecot version
0.99.14.4.fc4. My mbox size is about 76 megs and growing rapidly because
of several high-volume mailing lists I'm subscribed to. I have noticed
that over time the performance of the Evoluion/Spamassassin/Dovecot
combo deteriorates. Someone on the Fedora users list suggested I have a
look at moving to a maildir setup. Reading the docs I can't really
figure out what to. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can safely move
my mbox setup to a maildir setup? Much appreciated!

Regards,
Patrick