[Dovecot] dovecot 1.0alpha 4 error

Alex Campoe campoe at usf.edu
Thu Nov 10 21:51:07 EET 2005

I tried to research this but could not find anything. Apologies if
someone already reported this issue.

I was running alpha 3 on Solaris 9, and having some timeout issues on
lasge mailboxes. Decided to upgrade to rc4 before tweaking anything
else. On rc4, when I try to start dovecot, I am getting:

dovecot: Nov 10 14:04:56 Info: Dovecot v1.0.alpha4 starting up
dovecot: Nov 10 14:04:57 Error: child 18805 (auth) returned error 89
dovecot: Nov 10 14:04:57 Error: Auth process died too early - shutting down
dovecot: Nov 10 14:04:57 Error: auth(default): Unknown userdb driver
'passdb'

No changes on .conf file. Works fine with rc3. Did I miss something?

Alex

--
--  Alex Campoe, CISSP            Information Security Manager       --
--                                Associate Director, Systems        --