[Dovecot] messages_count too large (2578 > 2566) Help!

Rob Frohne frohro at wwc.edu
Mon Nov 21 14:02:23 EET 2005

Hi Everyone,

I found that I could "fix" the problem by moving all my messages from
Maildir/cur/ to a temporary location and then try and load the inbox
using Thunderbird which then saw no messages, and then moving them all
back into Maildir/cur/ and then Thunderbird loaded them fine.  I have
had this funny business with messages_count to large happen twice
tonight now.  Both times after I deleted dovecot* in the Maildir/ folder.

Hope this helps someone else if they end up with the same issue, or
perhaps it might help Timo figure out what is happening.

Thanks,

Rob

--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.