[Dovecot] Dovecot logs to syslog (other than MAIL)?

Remy Zandwijk remy.zandwijk at falw.vu.nl
Wed Nov 23 18:08:15 EET 2005

>> I see in the config file where I can enable syslog, but then all logging
>> goes to the MAIL facility.  I could find no reference to changing the
>> facility:level for syslogging.  Is that implemented, or planned?

I have this in my 'How to build' guide:

	By default, Dovecot does his logging to the 'LOG_MAIL' facility.
	Since this facility is allready being used by Sendmail, Dovecot
	needs to be instructed to use another facility.

	To find all source files in which LOG_MAIL is used, start the
	command (in the root source tree):

	        find . -type f | xargs -I{} egrep -l LOG_MAIL {}

	This will produce a list of files, which contain 'LOG_MAIL'. Edit
	these files and change 'LOG_MAIL' to 'LOG_LOCAL1'.

So logging is done to the local1 facility.

-Remy